Financing parties: Integrity revenue and parliamentary costs - 2014
The main findings are:
- A substantial increase of 3 times of costs: concerts, publicity TV&Radio, bilboards, consultancy,
- Domination (>70%) of the big donors big/very big (>50.000, >300.000),
- A slight increase of the number of donirs, exceptions.
- It is not reported: 1) personnel/consultancy/polls, 2) public events/concerts, 3) hidden TV&Radio publicity,
- Discrepancy declared vs substantially observed (>~50%),
- Increase of the cost of the vote (from thousands to tens of thousands),
The use of the administrative resources (money, benefits, administrative items, preferences) during the preelectoral campaign- was nottreated in the study.
Recommendations in addition to the bill adopted in the 1st reading:
1. Extending the ban for external funding for all activities (not just two months of electoral campaign)
2. Capacity building monitoring CEC / Police / Fiscality for the period between elections,
3. Introduce indirect tax income for the undeclared expenses,
4. Reverse the probation task for the legality of suspect revenue and expenditure associated with increased sanctions and proportioned to the amount,
5. Introduction concomitant shortening donation ceiling and state funding,
6. Limitations and legal restrictions for preventing the modification of public budgets in nine months before the election.